Sunday 25 November 2012

It's A Small World

I wonder how welcome those little gypsies would be in the real world?

Tiny little wedding. It won't last.

The safest street in Great Yarmouth. 

Merrivale Model Village,
Marine Parade
Great Yarmouth,
Norfolk.

Merrivale (fantastic mid-century name) is a thriving model village on Great Yarmouth's marvellous 'golden mile' of sea front amusement, entertainment, sea food and cheap tat. It was the first model village I ever visited. As a child, my favourite non-Dr. Who book was 'Gullivers Travels', so a trip to Merrivale always felt especially exciting, even more so after I saw my first 'Godzilla' film.

God bless Merrivale!

1 comment:

  1. I was there a couple of years ago and was very impressed. It's not as pretty looking as those pictures anymore but it remains one of the better ones out there. A bit of a lost art, the model Village. I wonder why that is. The old ones still get plenty of traffic but no ones built a new one for years as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete