Sunday 17 April 2011

Two Beautiful Girls


'And Soon The Darkness' is a decent thriller about two teenage British girls on a cycling holiday in rural France who have the misfortune to attract the attention of a sex killer.

Smoothly directed by genre bright spark Robert Fuest, it was produced by Clemens & Fennell (see 'Captain Kronos') and stars the eminently likeable Pamela Franklin and Ooh Betty out of 'Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em'. Low key but effective, and the ending is extremely well done.

5 comments:

  1. Pamela Franklin in hot pants makes me so happy I cry every time I think of her. She has a lovely haircut in this too. a Dolly fave. Nice posting UW. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Pamela, too. She's gawgeous, as Max from 'Hart to Hart' might say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the BEST BLOG EVER BTW. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scene featuring the girls applying sun tan lotion is pretty hard to beat - in fact it should come with a government health warning !

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Soon the Remake: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1391034/

    I can't see it surpassing the original in any way, if the calibre of modern remakes is any measure (Modern Remakes being a genre itself, I think) but it does strike me as such an obscure and particular film to re-do, why bother?

    ReplyDelete